Writer Tara McFadden has been friends with artist and drummer Hector Fernandez for years, long before his band became famous on reality TV – yet they’ve never met in person. They finally have a chance to connect offline when they’re both sent to Comic-Con to promote the graphic novel they collaborated on.
Hector's secretly been in love with Tara for as long as he can remember, and once they meet, she sees him in a new light. All the years of longing lead to an incredible night of passion after one of his concerts, but neither is sure if their online relationship can translate into a real life romance – or if this will ruin their friendship forever.Over four crazy days at Comic-Con, Hector and Tara must decide if they want a future together. But when their story seems to be over, it’s up to Hector’s entire band to make sure he and Tara get their happy ending.
A companion story to the Chasing The Dream series - all about finding love on reality TV!
Coming February 23, 2015! Preorder it now:
Want to help promote More Than Comics?
Or receive an ebook ARC to review?
I love this cover! Finding the perfect photo for this one was tough because I wanted to make sure the model for Hector was actually Latino and also looked big and muscular. Luckily I found the perfect guy in Julio Elving and was able to get this beautiful photo! Many thanks to MH Photography and my cover designer Najla Qamber for making this cover so awesome!
Here's a tiny bit more about More Than Comics:
- It's told from both Tara AND Hector's point of view.
- It's set a week after More Than Music ends.
- It takes place over four days at Comic-Con.
- Yes, there will be cosplay. You probably have some idea of what Maddie and Jared will dress up as if you've read More Than Music...
- It features the entire band, plus Maddie's roommates and Kyle's girlfriend, Alexis.
- It wraps up the band part of the Chasing The Dream series and sets up Behind The Seams, which is Julie's book.
- I originally planned it as a short novella like More Than Exes, but it ended up longer. It's between More Than Exes and More Than Music in length.
This was a really fun book to write, and I hope you all enjoy it when it comes out in February! Until then, here's the Pinterest board for a little visual inspiration: